|ueens Full (1965)
Foster Benedict, aging matinee idol, was doing
the lead in the Wrightsville production of The Death of Don Juan. He didn't like playing
the sticks, and he was sabotaging the performance, turning it into a farce...
It was "murder, murder most foul...."
3 novelettes and 2 short stories, well-done with appropriately clear
logic. The opening story, a Wrightsville vignette with another dying clue, is probably the
best of the bunch. "The Case against Caroll" having Ellery in doubt again but providing a
clear surprising ending.
Other articles on this book
(1) Reading Ellery Queen - Diamonds in Paradise Jon Mathewson
(2) Reading Ellery Queen - The Wrightville Heirs Jon Mathewson
(3) Reading Ellery Queen - The Case against Caroll Jon Mathewson
(4) Reading Ellery Queen - The Death of Don Juan Jon Mathewson
(5) Reading Ellery Queen - E=Murder Jon Mathewson
Interested readers should know
that the icons/covers
of books, used throughout the
website have extra
included in the text on the same
page. Pointing your cursor at
the icon/cover used to reveal
this extra information.
To achieve the same effect Firefox users can install an add-on called 'Popup ALT Attribute'. When installed pointing your cursor at an icon/cover results in showing you the details or additional information.
b a c k t o Q B I
Copyright © MCMXCIX-MMXXI Ellery Queen, a website on deduction. All rights reserved.